Sunday, May 15, 2011

7 Months Old



Baby girl is 7 months old now and can sit independently, and as of two days ago can log roll across the floor! Surprised me! I was uploading some photos onto my computer and every time I glanced over at her she was another roll closer to the couch. She made it about 8 feet (about 4 rolls - 2 back to front and 2 front to back). Yikes! She's going at a turtles pace... but still making progress on traveling. I, of course, have yet to get this on film because she is camera shy. HOW do they find the camera even when you have it hidden?? Naughty children!

Sitting independently took her about two weeks to perfect. She started off being able to do it on the bed, something about the squish made her more confident. When I realized how well she was holding herself up I started to get brave about letting her do it on the carpet. She is a little slouchy with it, but I suppose with more strength she will get better at that. She cannot get to a sitting position without help - but if you put her that way she can hold it for a very long time.


She is brace free for about 5-6 hours a day and we are really enjoying it! I am finally able to enjoy some real baby wearing! I think by the time my son was brace free during the day he was a little too old to get used to the idea, and perhaps the Baby K'Tan wasn't comfortable for him. I was able to get an Ergo on babysteals.com a few weeks ago and baby girl seems to love it!

On a side note, from 4 to 6.5 months baby girl only gained 2 oz. This has been a little red flag on my mind. We go back in the middle of June for a 6 week follow up. I'm not sure if anything is wrong with her, if something was wrong with their scale (she was 2 pounds heavier on my home scale after about 3 weeks), or if nothing is wrong at all and she is just going to be a small baby. She was 13 pounds 3 oz and 24.5 inches long. She looks and acts completely healthy, so its hard to imagine anything is wrong.

Matching brother/sister outfits purchased from Bellarina Boutique.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh they are SO cute! They both have the same cheeks and you look so cute with your carrier!

    ReplyDelete